Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fitness and Health..

As many know, I am on a health kick. I love to ride my Mountain Bike on the trails with and friends. So the other evening, my wife tells me that we/she joined the American Family Fitness Gym here in Richmond. It is a local chain, not to be confused with 24 Hour Fitness in Texas or elsewhere. So we went to the gym on Tuesday evening and looked over the facilities. They are very nice. We go to the Swift Creek facility. They have racket ball, basket ball, free weights, swimming, and an assortment of other activities.

I like to think that I am in good shape, so I decided to give the stationary bike a try and I did a cardio program. I entered my age and time that I wanted to ride. I entered 30 minutes and the bike stated I needed to get my hear rate up to 147BPM. Ok, I started the ride and after about 5 minutes, I hit the target. I kept up the pace and was riding at about a 2.5 minuet mile. I got over 11 miles in 30 minutes. I was impressed if I do say so myself. I also did that the next night as well.

I also started lifting weights for my lower back to strengthen it up. I talked to a trainer and he suggested that I do “dead lifts” and I said ok. I do 4 sets of 10 reps at 100lbs and them 2-3 sets of 10 at 110lbs. My lower back was very soar. I need to get back and do some more as I am no longer soar and ready to continue with the training.

My ultimate goal is to try to do the ride in Houston Texas that goes to Austin. It is called The BP MS 150. I am going to continue to train and stay in shape to be able to make this happen!! I will let you all in on more details as they happen.


What is your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment