Monday, December 11, 2006

School Bus Drivers and Safety...

How come is it that the god ole USA requires that EVERY Car and Truck have a Seat Belt; but that a Bus or more to the point, a School Bus does not have to have a seal belt??  DO they no drive on the road with all the other crazy people?  Why just today, I went and picked up my daughter early at school and we drove down a very curvy and hill laden road called Old Hundred Road.  On this road was Swiftcreek Middle School.  They got out early because our school district is so big they have to stagger the bus schedule.  We I followed Bus 369 doing 55mph down this road that is a 35mph road and I called into the school district transportation office and reported the driver for going 55mph.  Shouldn't the buses be required to have seatbelts in them as all other vehicles do??  I think that I read that in California, where most things cause cancer, they are going top require their buses to have seatbelts!! In this one instance, I congratulate them!! Perhaps they should take this step and apply their fore thinking to other areas of their economy and power industries…

 

All you hear about are school bus accidents and children getting hurt. Will seatbelts help this? Perhaps. Only time will tell.

 

RMStringer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood

over questions of reality and illusion.

I know this: if life is an illusion, then I

am no less an illusion, and being thus, the

illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I

love, I slay, and I am content.

(Robert E. Howard, Queen of the Black Coast, Weird Tales, May 1934)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment