Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Posting on my BLOG

I welcome Comments to my BLOG. I LOVE for people to post and let me hear what other People think about things I say or situations around the world, but WHAT I cannot stand is the fact that SOME people who use the ANONYMOUS setting to post are pussies!! My name is on my BLOG and if you don't have the BALLS to say your name. Get out of the BLOGASPHERE and off the NET.

To quote"Anonymous said...
In today's mainstream society (primarily among the upper-class) we regularly perform painful, long-term, cranial modification for the sake of aesthetics, on children as young as 10 or 12; there's an entire industry built upon it, called orthidontistry. Now granted we say that it's harmless, and for the good of the child, but much of the time is truly unnecessary and causes great pain and suffering; and the child would live a perfectly normal, healthy, comfortable life otherwise (albeit with a culturally perceived "deformity"). This form of body modification is perfectly acceptable, and I ask what truly makes it any different? I cast no moral judgment on either culture, I merely find it an intriguing hypocrisy
1:32 AM -"

WHAT AN ASS!!! He can enjoy his crooked teeth and butwipe, they get taken off after a Few years. Mine did!!

So, step up to the plate!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:28 PM

    I am Anonymous. Frankly i'm just don't want to bother with setting up an account; you can e-mail if you want: rootneg2 AT gmail


    I realize the braces themselves are temporary, but it's still a preferment modification. And what would you say to circumcision? What we perceive as "beauty" or physical normality vs abnormality is primarily a cultural phenomenon. Among the indigenous Maori in New Zealand, full-facial tattoos are the norm and very much a part of one's self identity. Those without a tattoo are considered "naked" and are ridiculed for their lack of beauty ( in the same fashion that one may be ridiculed for crooked teeth ). The list of similar such cultural practices would fill books.

    You say that you youself have tattoos; why are your tattoos acceptable and other's not? what makes yours so different? Granted, you may say that these people are doing it just "to be different" and are ostracizing themselves from society; but I ask you: why did you get a tattoo? There are society's around the world who have even less of a tolerance for bodily modification from whom you have ostracized yourself.


    As far as your part 2 of the post; I'm not trying to say either one is and "worse" that the other; these are definitely very extreme modifications. I'm simply saying that there isn't a very clear distinction between precisely what is "acceptable" modification and what is not.




    "The only difference between tatooed people and non-tattooed people is: tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed" -Cheri

    "Before we criticize another's duckbill lips, we must be careful to remove the bone from our own nose"
    -unknown

    ReplyDelete