Thursday, November 27, 2008

DSC09842: Hawk


DSC09842: Hawk, originally uploaded by RMStringer.

We were walking into the St Louis Zoo on Tuesday when we looked up in a tree that was near the front of the sliding doors. We saw this hawk. He was about 10 feet above us and just sitting on the limb. He was not really scared of us so i got out my camera and started taking some great photos of him.

I could not believe that he was in the middle of the city, although, the zoo is located in Forest Park. I wondered if he had escaped from a zoo exhibit or something like that.

I had my Minolta 35-105mm lens on the camera and just shot away. I wanted to change to my 70-300mm lens but was scared that he might take flight. He flew away after about 7-8 photos.

Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 100 mm
ISO Speed: 200

No comments:

Post a Comment