Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not Erupting...


Not Erupting..., originally uploaded by RMStringer.

I think that this is one of the best photos that i have taken in a long time. It is so simple and yet it is very contrasting in subject matter. This is my Lava Lamp sitting on my desk area. I just thought i would take a photo of it and see how it turned out. I was blown away with the contrast in colors with the dark wall to the left, the blue color in the glass, and the window blinds letting in a little light from the outside almost giving the lamp an ambient glow. Look at the blinds through the glass and liquid. See how the shape is warped because of the lamp's shape and content. Also notice the texture on the wall and blinds. I love the light in the blinds not being harsh and overpowering.

Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 160 mm
ISO Speed: 100

No comments:

Post a Comment