Monday, April 28, 2008

Waterfall Revisited...


Waterfall Revisited..., originally uploaded by RMStringer.

I went back and wanted to do the "waterfall" thing again after knowing a little bit more about my camera. I used the same waterfall that i located in the fron of my neighborhood. I shot the photo in Shutter Priority this time. The results were amazing. I achieved the desired effect that is wanted when shooting waterfalls. The water is slowed down and it gives a milky look with the surrounding area in sharp focus. It had just finished raining and was overcast with some breaks in the clouds.

Exposure: 0.25 sec (1/4)
Aperture: f/36
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 400

1 comment:

  1. Love these long exposure shots. Thank you for your kind words and comments. As per your question, I run my photos through Lightroom to give them that 'pop'. For the photos you commented on, I used my Rebel XT with 17-40 f/4L lens. I think I will list EXIF data on all of my posts from now on. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete