Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holidays....

You know what I can’t stand?  I bet many of you are like this as well; Christmas Advertising!

 

I HATE to go into Wall Mart and see all the Christmas decorations up all over the dam store especially when they put them up a few days after Halloween.  I mean we have not gotten to Thanks Giving yet and Christmas stuff is plastered all of the store.  It was a  hell of a sight to see at 8.30am this morning; a big dam tree at the entrance to the store.  All the Christmas decorations were prominently displayed in the front and it is just doo commercial.  I remember a kid that there used to be “seasons” where everything had its place!  The 4th of July had its time, then Labor Day, Then we would have Halloween. The stores would kick it up a notch and place stuff out like candy and costumes, then they would take them down and prepare for Thanksgiving. Shortly after that, they would place Christmas items up all about the store, none of this crap of blasting it to your face before Thanksgiving has happened yet.  They are trying to make a buck earlier and with Ohhh “Black Friday” and the “specials” People flock like zombified morons to get the early bird specials and this only increases the HYPE of the whole madness…

 

Ok, Now to sleep!

 

RMStringer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood

over questions of reality and illusion.

I know this: if life is an illusion, then I

am no less an illusion, and being thus, the

illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I

love, I slay, and I am content.

(Robert E. Howard, Queen of the Black Coast, Weird Tales, May 1934)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment