Saturday, September 09, 2006

Clean Rooms, FABS, and ME...


Well, I have worked 3 days at Qimonda. When I first walked into the FAB, I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! I did not know what really to expect, but it was amazing. All of the chip making tools like Applied Materials, ASML, DNSE, just to name a few. The robots are all Murata as well as the LEM and OHT. The OHT takes wafers to the tools and the LEM only moves wafers from storage to storage. . IT is about 250,000 sq/ft of space. Very large. It is a 300mm chip wafer that comes out in inches, that is 12 inches; they also have a 200mm FAB that is 8 inches. It is said, that there are planes to build a 450mm FAB at that site, time will tell. I am getting to work on robots ad keep them running. I am learning their systems and procedures. I have to dress fully in a clean room suit. From head to toe. It is a class 10 facility and we can have no hair or skin showing. I have a picture of me in my suit that I am posting on the Blog as well. I am working only days now, but will go to shift work around the end of October. Or that is the plane at the moment. Well, more later.

1 comment:

  1. Both FS 209E and ISO 14644-1 assume log-log relationships between particle size and particle concentration. For that reason, zero particle concentration does not exist. The table locations without entries are non-applicable combinations of particle sizes and cleanliness classes, and should not be read as zero.

    ReplyDelete