Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pics of the James river and stuff...



I took these last summer and I would like to get a very cool night shot of Richmond Downtown at night. These pics are of the "foot bridge" that goes across the James. The bridge goes to Belle Isle.

Under the bridge, The James has class 4 & 5 rapids!! What a crazy place to go and try rapids. I would like to do that this summer. SO here are a few pics from that location. The area is known as the “best urban whitewater” in the US. No other city in the US has class IV rapids within its city limits. I would love to do this during the summer! My friend, Mark has also told me that he is interested in doing this as well.



There are some really neat things to do in downtown Richmond.
The Canal Walk
Browns Island
The Canal Walk goes about 1.5 miles threw the city with historic points of interest to read about. Browns Island has many concerts and festivals during the summer months.

The train track goes right over the river in a few places. Here is a neat pic.
Under that track, kids go swimming during the summer and also swing off that track. I might go swimming there this summer with my daughter and wife...

There are also some great biking parks along the James River. We have done part of the Buttermilk Trail, but my bike got a flat tire. It is some very difficult ridding in that park. We hope to go back soon. I think that we are very fortunate in that we have all of there activities in our city!!

Well more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Intimate Celestial Bond

If you want to Purchase any of my music(s), Please go to https://djrenigade.bandcamp.com/ 1st Track For The New Year! #DownTempo #RenigadeCi...