Sunday, December 24, 2006

Burnning cars...

When I was still in my teens, we would go over to Louisiana and go to some great clubs. Having said that, I will now tell you a story.

I was 19 and in college, SFASU. I experimented with many drugs and stuff like that. One night in the dorm room, my roomie and I were pouring Everclear alcohol into a green 7-Up bottle and setting it on fire. the fumes would burn at the top of the bottle. it was neat. Anyway, I was in Louisiana at a club called Club Fizz. we were in the parking lot waiting for a friend to come out and get us. I happen to have a 7-Up bottle and some Everclear with me, so I started doing the fire thing. it was cool and pretty as I was frying. well, I set it down and talked to my friend in the back seat. I had sheepskin seat covers on the front seats and a lot of paper under the passenger seat. I drove a Plymouth Sundance (later called the Flamedance) red interior and white exterior. I picked up the bottle and lit it again, it shot flames out and scared the shit out of me!! I threw the bottle down and the burning liquid caught the seat cover on fire, it quickly started to burn up the interior and the bouncers pushed the car out into a grassy field as flames shot out of the window. The fire department came and doused the car with water!! I was scared of how I was going to explain this to my parents at 4am in the morning... Well, we drove the car home with a wire frame of a passenger seat home. The insurance people totaled the car out and we purchased it back for $5000 and had the interior redone. I drove the car without a passenger seat for about a month as we bought one and it was getting recovered with material that matched mine. I put a lawn chair on the place of it for a while!!! Very funny! I drove the car until the summer of 1992 when I bought my Acura Integra. Two years later, I saw a car burnning on West Loop 610 in Houston. It was a rainy night and very late. I did not see any cops there...

I got the Flamedance in 1989 as a graduation present from my grandparents. What hell I put them through...
I love the dearly and I am going t see them in about 2 days!!!
BOB has now left the building...





I welcome Comments to my BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment