Thursday, May 24, 2007

Beaumont Texas...Circa 1994


I lived in Settler's Cove Apartments in Beaumont Texas in 1993 and 1994. We called it Suckers Cove. It was Beaumont's premier dysfunctional community back then. They were close to Parkdale Mall which was nice.

During my stay there, I was a writer for a Public Press magazine in Beaumont called Image Magazine. I did music reviews for it. A friend named Cliff Lofton ran the mag and he also did promotions at Phaze 2 dance club like Trash Disco, Starz Reunions (which still go on in Beaumont) and various other things around the "Golden Triangle"

It was fun during those times. I was attending the Lamar Institute of Technology for at that time, computer robotics. That later became nothing as I left school, got engaged, and moved to Tempe Arizona. That will be another story for another day. We always went to the club and over to Houston to Numbers Club. I knew the owner and he also owned Record Rack (RIP). His name was Bruce Godwin. I used to purchase massive amounts of music from him at Record Rack back in the day. Needless to say, those were heady times back then running the roads from Houston to Beaumont to Louisiana at any time during the day or night. It is a wonder that I am still alive...

I have come a long way since then. It is nice to revisit old memories, but that is all, never go back down them and learn from them...
What is your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Intimate Celestial Bond

If you want to Purchase any of my music(s), Please go to https://djrenigade.bandcamp.com/ 1st Track For The New Year! #DownTempo #RenigadeCi...